Sunday, January 3, 2010

TV Shows and Movies

I have no qualms with entertainment, however, regarding TV shows and movies I have this conviction. As the Lord refines me for His purposes, this scripture has taken on renewed meaning.....Psalm 101:3 "I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me." Upon realizing the virtue of Holy Spirit, I try to protect things that affect my sensitivity to Him.


It makes me sad to see amusement that portrays sin and godlessness as acceptable and many times desirable. I am sure it saddens the heart of the Father too. It is my experience, if I choose to watch that kind of entertainment, I become calloused and desensitized to the gentle purity of the Holy Spirit. I don't judge others for their choices but if I want greater intimacy with the Lord, I know I can't allow my eyes to partake of things that don't edify the Spirit of God living within me.

2 comments:

  1. I have come to that same understanding. Tv tends to be rather disgusting, if its not the shows its the commercials. I didn;t get a convertor for my tv and don;t have cable. And I select movies pretty carefully these days. Sometimes facbnook puts up disturbing images and I am concerned for the people who are susceptible to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leann, I couldn't agree more with you. The Lord had been putting the very same thought into our hearts (my husband and I) as well the last few years. We are now buying Christian movies and hosting 'movie dinners' at home with friends, so there is entertainment with a godly purpose of encouraging each other...it has worked well for us and has blessed those around us too!:) Much love from Muscat (I've written to your Facebook profile too) Helga

    ReplyDelete